Positive social change through cultural arts education. Educate students about music, art and dance from various cultures all over the world. Inspire students to discover their own uniqueness through the arts and by doing so, allowing them to understand the interconnectedness and importance of culture and the arts in today’s world.
Register on the Slyboots website at: http://www.slybootsbuffalo.com/product/slyboots-summer-camp/
- Supply world class arts education in the form of interactive workshops, lectures, group activities and performances.
- Arrange for transportation from the Slyboots School to Griffis Park.
- We will offer a network of instructors skilled in a wide variety of topics with a focus on direct experience, including topics ranging from:
- Literacy – including creative writing, performance and poetry, storytelling, bookmaking, and public speaking.
- Music – including Music for Everyone, percussion, folk music, electronic music, singing, improvisational ensemble , and performance craft.
- Dance & Movement – Yoga, African Dance, Circus Arts (juggling, hooping, slack-rope), swing/hip-hop dance, and bicycle riding
- Art – Found art, Natural Art, Drawing, Painting
- Science & Math – Exploratory Science, Builders Math (structures & vessels), architectural exploration
Session Dates and Times
Session 1- August 3-7, 2015
Session 2- August 10-14, 2015
The cost of attending one 5-day session is as follows: $150 per student $ 200 per student with transportation +$50 for Extended Day 9am- 6pm *A limited number of scholarships are available. Please call the Slyboots School of Music, Art & Dance in the event of financial hardship. To apply:
- Complete a registration form for each student. New participants must also include proof of age. Acceptable documents include copies of birth certificates, immunization records, driver’s license or passport.
- Either checkout online through our site OR enclose a check /money order payable to Griffin Brady for the amount due.
- Fill out the information form below OR mail completed application to:
- Slyboots Headquarters c/o Griffin Brady 674 Richmond Ave, Buffalo, New York 14222
Registration fee is non-refundable for those accepted into the program. Space is limited. Registrations are accepted on a first- come, first-served basis by age and income. Due to great interest in the program we encourage you to register as soon as possible. You will be notified by mail if you have been accepted or placed on a waiting list.
Camp starts at 10am. Students under 18 must be signed in and out by a parent/guardian when they are dropped off and picked up. If someone other than a parent is signing a child in and out we must have prior written permission. Sign-in books will be located at the front gate of the Mill Valley Site at Griffis Park. Only children 9-11+ years will be allowed to sign themselves in/out with written permission from a parent/guardian prior to the start of the program. Rain days will be held at the same location, utilizing the Gate House, Cabins and Tents.
Pick-Up & Drop-Off
If you require transportation- the Sly bus leaves the Essex Art Center (30 Essex St, Buffalo, NY 14213) at 9:00am and leaves Griffis Park at 4:30pm to return to Essex Art Center in Buffalo. Pick-up is between 3-4:30 PM and children must be picked up by 4:30 pm, or they will be considered part of that days ‘Extended Day’ program. Again, the Sly bus leaves the Essex Art Center (30 Essex St, Buffalo, NY 14213) at 9:00am and leaves Griffis Park at 4:30pm to return to Essex Art Center in Buffalo.
Healthy lunch and juice will be available for $5 each day- sponsored by Ashkers Juice Bar, Bistro and Gallery www.Ashkers.com Students will need a lunch each day. If you plan to pack a lunch please mark your child’s name clearly on the container. Please do not send lunches in large backpacks. Lunches are stored in large plastic bins and space is limited so please be considerate when selecting your child’s container.
Proper Attire & Personal Property
Students should wear clothes suitable for outdoor play. Shoes should also be appropriate for sports such as softball and basketball (no sandals). Water bottles (clearly marked), hats & sunscreen are also encouraged. Participants are discouraged from bringing cell phones, game boys and playing cards. The Slyboots School of Music, Art & Dance cannot take responsibility for the loss of such items.